Pre Order Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Dominion
Today is the big one. the brand new launch box for the 3rd edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar is up for pre order today! Like with last year’s Indomitus I can’t imagine this staying on the shelves long – so make sure to be ready when the pre orders go live at 10am!
If you would like to support the site then why not order through our affiliate Element Games and save yourself 20% too!
Want to know what Dominion is like? Well we have done a full in depth review of the new box and the core rules here, so make sure to check it out! We also have an unboxing video including full look at the book which you can watch just below!
We will also be streaming a live Path to Glory game today at 1pm UK time pitting the Stormcast Eternals against the Kruleboyz over on YouTube and Twitch, so why not join us there to see how they get on?
The Soul Wars are over, but a new conflict brews in the Realm of Beasts.
It is a time of great change in the Mortal Realms. A surge of life sweeps across the eight realms to force back the tide of death left in the Necroquake’s wake, and the forces of Order waste no time in laying claim to the newly rejuvenated land. But with Kragnos, god of Destruction, released from his prison and leading a vengeful rampage across Ghur, the Stormcast Eternals must fight their toughest battles yet to safeguard the pioneering Dawnbringer Crusades.
If you’re looking to plunge headfirst into the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, look no further than this glorious boxed set. Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Dominion comes complete with two powerful armies, pitting the reforged Stormcast Eternals against the emerging threat of the Kruleboyz – cunning and deadly orruks native to the swamps of Ghur. The set also includes a Dominion-exclusive version of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Book, which provides extensive background information on the game’s fantastical setting as well as a full set of rules for playing thrilling games with your Citadel miniatures.
This boxed set includes:
1x 360-page Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Book (Hardback): Discover the lore of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and learn to master magnificent armies of valiant warriors, wild daemons, and more on the battlefield. This vast tome of knowledge includes all of the game’s core rules, three different styles of gameplay suitable for players of every level, variant game types for siege battles and tunnel fighting, and much more.
1x 24-page Start Here booklet – War at Amberstone Watch: This supplementary booklet is exclusive to the Dominion box and provides newcomers with the perfect starting point for the Warhammer Age of Sigmar hobby, including the story and gameplay rules for a fateful clash between the Stormcast Eternals and Kruleboyz included in the box.
60x Plastic Push-fit Citadel Miniatures: At the heart of the Dominion set are two armies of brand new miniatures, each cleverly designed so they can be pushed together without the need for glue. Each force includes a flexible range of powerful units armed with devastating weaponry and wargear, and they can easily be bolstered with additional reinforcements to act as the elite core of a larger army. These models include:
21x Stormcast Eternals
The chosen champions of Sigmar, plucked from their mortal bodies at the moment of their death and reforged as shining heroes clad in thick golden armour. Each Stormcast Eternal is a nigh-immortal warrior capable of fighting hordes of the fiercest monsters and emerging victorious.
– 1x Yndrasta, the Celestial Spear: Yndrasta is one of the most storied champions of Sigmar, charged with leading the God-King’s forces across Ghur and serving as his ultimate beastslayer. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 65mm Round Base.
– 1x Lord-Imperatant with 1x Gryph-hound: Lord-Imperatants are amongst the greatest of Sigmar’s strategists. Each is a formidable warrior in their own right, their most notable strength lies in their ability to lead their forces as one unstoppable war engine. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base and a Citadel 32mm Round Base.
– 1x Knight-Vexillor with Banner of Apotheosis: Knights-Vexillor are granted the right to bear a Banner of Apotheosis, infused with the forge-magics of Grungni. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.
– 3xPraetors: Praetor retinues are amongst the finest bodyguards in all the realms, linked to their ward at an arcane level. These models come supplied with 3x Citadel 40mm Round Bases.
– 1xKnight–Arcanum: Members of the mysterious Valedictor temple, Knights-Arcanum are unknowable but potent mages charged with protecting recovered ancient lore. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.
– 3x Annihilators: Dispatched to unleash Sigmar’s destructive wrath, Annihilators thunder into the enemy with such force that they scatter their foes like matchsticks. These models come supplied with 3x Citadel 40mm Round Bases.
– 10x Vindictors: Dauntless warriors of the Redeemer conclaves, the Vindictors are the shieldwall upon which the forces of ruin shatter. These models come supplied with 10x Citadel 40mm Round Bases.
Emboldened by the arrival of Kragnos and eager to spread beyond the borders of their ancestral swamps, the Kruleboyz are a vicious, cunning breed of orruk who enjoy nothing more than laying their enemies low with the sneakiest, most underhanded tactics they can devise.
– 1x Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof: Particularly storied Killabosses can procure all manner of terrifying, swamp-dwelling mounts from the Beast-breakaz to show off their status. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 105mm Oval Base.
– 1x Murknob with Belcha-banna: Murknobs are champion warriors among the Kruleboyz, and they revel in taking the heads of their adversaries – honestly or otherwise. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base.
– 1x Swampcalla Shaman with 1x Pot-grot: Even for Kruleboyz, Swampcalla Shamans are foul creatures. These spell-flingers have an innate connection to the mires they inhabit, which they channel into noisome spells of debilitation while brewing up vile elixirs to aid their green-skinned kin. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base and a Citadel 25mm Round Slotta Base.
– 1x Killaboss with 1x Stab-grot: Killabosses are the warlords of the Kruleboyz. Each has wrested their position from rivals by being not only a potent warrior but also possessed of true Morkish kunnin’. The model comes supplied with a Citadel 40mm Round Base and a Citadel 25mm Round Slotta Base.
– 3x Man-skewer Boltboyz: The fiendish poisoned crossbows wielded by the Man-skewer Boltboyz are powerful enough to take down a charging grunta with one shot. These models come supplied with 3x Citadel 32mm Round Bases.
– 10x Gutrippaz: Gutrippaz form the slimy heart of the Kruleboyz. These mobs of spear-wielding greenskins are known for their vicious kunnin’ and the spiteful amusement they find in laying low the enemy with their wicked, poisoned weapons. These models come supplied with 10x Citadel 32mm Round Bases.
– 20x Hobgrot Slittaz: These malicious little brutes delight in eviscerating the foe with their slitta-knives and employing explosive devices pilfered from their duardin paymasters. These models come supplied with 20x Citadel 25mm Round Slotta Bases.
14x Warscroll Cards and 2x Allegiance Ability Cards: Quickly look up the stats and abilities of your Citadel miniatures with these reference cards, ensuring you’ll never need to go digging through a book right in the middle of an exciting game.
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Dominion is only available while stocks last, so don’t hesitate to order your set today.
General’s Handbook 2021
The essential 2021 General’s Handbook is an invaluable supplement that enhances your games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. This year’s edition is divided into two separate books – the General’s Handbook comes as a 96-page ring-bound hardback, while the Pitched Battle Profiles book is a 34-page softback.
Inside this year’s General’s Handbook, you’ll find…
– High-level background information on Ghur, the Realm of Beasts, which is the setting for this General’s Handbook and Pitched Battle Season.
– A focused description of the war of Thondia, the area in Ghur which is in the midst of desperate conflict. Thondia is key to the current narrative of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, and is part of the setting for this General’s Handbook and Pitched Battle Season.
– Rules for a new Region of War – The Ghurrish Heartlands – which include two special rules (Predators and Prey and Seismic Shift), one additional Realmsphere Magic spell available to all Wizards (Metamorphosis), and one additional Realm Command which all players have access to (Feral Roar).
– Two additional core battalions that players can include in their army in addition to the Core Battalions included in the core rules: Alpha-Beast Pack and Hunters of the Heartlands.
– Rules for eight grand strategies that dictate what an army will try and achieve during the battle. They offer additional victory points if completed by the end of the game: Sever the Head, Hold the Line, Vendetta, Dominating Presence, Beast Master, Prized Sorcery, Pillars of Belief, and Predator’s Domain.
– Rules for eight battle tactics that can be used to determine who won the game. They reflect commands given by the leaders of the army over the course of the battle, and represent the army trying to achieve certain goals on the field of battle each turn: Broken Ranks, Conquer, Slay the Warlord, Ferocious Advance, Savage Spearhead, Aggressive Expansion, Monstrous Takeover, and Bring It Down!
– A photocopiable scoring sheet, designed to keep track of the various objectives throughout the battle.
– Guidance on the minimum accepted standard for using miniatures in Pitched Battle games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
– 12 battleplans for the Pitched Battle 2021 season: Marking Territory, Savage Gains, First Blood, Power Struggle, Survival of the Fittest, Tectonic Interference, Apex Predators, The Vice, Tooth and Nail, Feral Foray, Power in Numbers, and The Veins of Ghur.
– A list of all the official publications which can be used when building an army for use in Pitched Battles.
– Updated warscrolls for the following 17 endless spells: Horrorghast, Aethervoid Pendulum, Chronomantic Cogs, Emerald Lifeswarm, Geminids of Uhl-Gysh, Malevolent Maelstrom, Prismatic Palisade, Purple Sun of Shyish, Quicksilver Swords, Ravenak’s Gnashing Jaws, Soulsnare Shackles, Suffocating Gravetide, The Burning Head, Umbral Spellportal, Soulscream Bridge, Shards of Valagharr, and Lauchon the Soulseeker.
– The Warhammer Age of Sigmar core rules
Please note: The ring-bound design of the General’s Handbook and layout of the battleplans have been designed so that the book can be folded flat to save space, while still providing an overview of the essential information to easily reference once the game has begun.
Inside this year’s Pitched Battle Profiles book, you’ll find…
– An introduction to Pitched Battle Profiles and descriptions of the four different types of battlefield role: Artillery, Battleline, Behemoth, and Leader.
– Details on how to use allies in Pitched Battles in the 2021 Season
– Updated Pitched Battle Profiles for every unit, faction, and Grand Alliance in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, as follows:
Order: Cities of Sigmar, Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Lumineth Realm-lords, Seraphon, Stormcast Eternals, and Sylvaneth.
Chaos: Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Skaven, and Slaves to Darkness.
Death: Flesh-eater Courts, Nighthaunt, Ossiarch Bonereapers, and Soulblight Gravelords.
Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz, Ogor Mawtribes, Orruk Warclans, and Sons of Behemat.
– Updated Pitched Battle profiles for the 17 endless spells from Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power.
The General’s Handbook 2021 also comes with a card token board, which contains 14 double-sided tokens as follows:
– 10x Objective / Prime Objectives
– 1x Battle Tactic Token – Broken Ranks / Bring It Down!
– 1x Battle Tactic Token – Aggressive Expansion / Conquer
– 1x Battle Tactic Token – Slay the Warlord / Monstrous Takeover
– 1x Battle Tactic Token – Ferocious Advance / Savage Spearhead
Realmscape: Ghurish Expanse
The Era of the Beast sees armies clash across all manner of terrain, from fetid bogs and ancient ruins to wind-blasted plains and snow-capped mountains. The nigh-endless expanses of the Mortal Realms play host to constant warfare, and no two battlefields are ever alike. As surely as there are men and monsters to fight, the forces of Order, Chaos, Death, and Destruction will find new corners of the world to soak in each others’ blood.
Begin your adventures upon the battlefields of Ghur with these double-sided, fold-out boards, featuring murky swamps on one side and dry wastelands on the other. When placed together, these boards make a battlefield measuring 44.8″ x 30″, perfect for 1,000-point games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, and they are the ideal foundation for a wide range of Citadel scenery products. Due to the easily expandable rules available in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Book, two or more sets of these boards can produce battlefields suitable for games of 2,000 points or more.
The boards are made of thick, durable card with reinforced folds to ensure excellent condition even after frequent use. Each board measures 22.4″ x 30″ and can be folded into eighths for easy storage in the included sleeve.
Realmscape Objective Set
Many of the Dawnbringer Crusades survived to establish new outposts for the forces of Order, with some eventually growing into settlements in their own right. Others, however, were soon overrun by the rampaging forces of Destruction, and so the realm of Ghur is littered with the ruined, forgotten remnants of a once-hopeful expedition. Future crusades sometimes come across these ruins and skirmish over the remains, seeking answers to the demise of their forebears or perhaps just hoping to recover their lost possessions.
Add thematic and highly detailed objectives to your games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar with the Realmscape Objective Set. Each of the six objective markers is beautifully sculpted to represent elements of a settlement set up by the Dawnbringer Crusades, with some looking pristine while others lie in a state of disrepair. The objectives can be used across any type of terrain you might have to hand, but are especially suited to battles set upon the Ghurish Expanse gaming boards.
The kit is comprised of 28 plastic components, with which you can assemble six objective markers, and is supplied with 3x Citadel 50mm Round Bases, 1x Citadel 75mm Oval Base, 1x Citadel 90mm Oval Base, and 1x Citadel 80mm Round Base.