Today’s Pre-Orders – Blood Bowl!
We’re really excited about today’s pre-orders, been looking forward to the new edition of Blood Bowl since we first found out it was coming! If you would like to support the site (and save yourself 20% too!) then why not order through our affiliate Element Games!
Blood Bowl Second Season Edition
First up is the brand new Blood Bowl Second Season Edition box set.
Inside the box you’ll find:
– 12 red plastic Imperial Nobility team players: 4 Imperial Retainer Linemen, 4 Bodyguards, 2 Noble Blitzers, and 2 Imperial Throwers
– 1 red plastic Star Player, Griff Oberwald
– 1 red plastic Blood Bowl Ogre
– 12 green plastic Black Orc team players: 6 Goblin Bruiser Linemen, and 6 Black Orcs
– 1 green plastic Star Player, Varag Ghoul-Chewer
– 1 green plastic Blood Bowl Trained Troll
– 2 Blood Bowl Biased Referees: 1 Dwarf and 1 Elf
– Extra balls, team coins, and counters
– A beautiful 136-page hardback Blood Bowl rulebook explaining the rules of the game, how to run a league and develop your team, plus updated team, player, and Star Player profiles for every team released so far.
– 1 double-sided fold-out Official Pitch, divided into squares and marked with zones. One side is themed as an Imperial Nobility stadium, and the other for Black Orcs.
– 2 double-sided card dugouts, matching the theme of the pitch on each side.
– 3 plastic templates
– 2 full sets of Blood Bowl dice: one in red for the Humans, and the other in green for the Orcs
– 2 quick-reference Cheat Sheets
Blood Bowl – The Official Rules
You can also pre-order the new Blood Bowl – The Official Rules booklet separately.
This 136-page hardback book is absolutely stuffed with everything a budding coach needs to know about Blood Bowl.
– The History of Blood Bowl: from the ancient origins of the game, surrounded in myth and legend, to the evolution of the modern sport. The story of Blood Bowl is as wild as the fanatics who love it.
– Rules and Regulations: streamlined and updated for the Second Season Edition. Everything is explored in detail, from the basics, to recruiting a team, through to the actions your players can take, and the aftermath of the game.
– League vs Exhibition Games: Blood Bowl can be played as one-off matches, and long-running leagues with loads of coaches competing for the top prize. Learn all about both.
– Blood Bowl Teams: Updated rules including new Region and Team Special Rules, a tiered ranking system, and rosters for all 21 current teams.
– Star Players: Every named Star Player now has their own Special Rule. Find current profiles for 23 of them here.
Blood Bowl Special Plays Card Pack
Even more Blood Bowl goodies up for pre-order, the Bloow Bowl Special Plays Card Pack is also available.
– 8 Benefits of Training Special Play cards
– 8 Dirty Tricks Special Play cards
– 8 Heroic Feats Special Play cards
– 8 Magical Memorabilia Special Play cards
– 8 Miscellaneous Mayhem Special Play cards
– 8 Random Events Special Play cards
– 16 Prayers to Nuffle reminder cards
.Akhorne…ahem…I mean the Treeman is also up for pre-order!
This fantastic kit will build one of two different types of Treemen. The Altern Forest version blends in nicely with your Halflings (including the infamous Akhorne the Squirrel), while the Loren Forest Treeman features an ornate face mask that looks right at home in a Wood Elf team. Their slow speed is balanced by high strength and resilience, both sorely needed on those teams…
Necromantic Horror Team: The Wolfenburg Crypt-Stealers
A brand new ‘undead’ Blood Bowl team, the Wolfenburg Crypt-Stealers can also be pre-ordered today!
This multipart plastic kit contains all the components you’ll need to build the Wolfenburg Crypt-Stealers, a Necromantic Horror team for use in games of Blood Bowl. It contains 14 players:
– 6 Zombie Linemen
– 2 Ghoul Runners
– 2 Wraiths
– 2 Werewolves
– 2 Flesh Golems
You’ll also find 2 turn counters, 2 coins, 4 spooky balls, 14 32mm round slotta bases, and a transfer sheet.
Blood Bowl Necromantic Horror Team Dice Set
Everyone loves dice and you can pre-order your Necromantic Horror Team set today!
– 3x Blood Bowl Block dice
– 2x 6-sided dice with the Necromantic Horror icon in place of the ‘6’
– 1x 8-sided dice Blood Bowl Scatter Dice
– 1x 16-sided dice
Blood Bowl Necromantic Horror Team Card Pack
In addition to the dice, the Necromantic Horror Team Card Pack is also available to pre-order.
– 5 Player reference cards for Zombie Linemen, Ghoul Runners, Wraiths, Flesh Golems, and Werewolves
– 3 Star Player cards for Frank ’n’ Stein, Wilhelm Chaney, and Bryce ‘The Slice’ Cambuel
– 8 Random Event Special Play cards
– 8 Magical Memorabilia Special Play cards
– 19 Blank Player cards: 11 Zombie Linemen, 2 Ghoul Runners, 2 Wraiths, 2 Flesh Golems, and 2 Werewolves
– The all-important card explaining how to use the cards, with a red card on the reverse
Necromantic Horror Pitch – Double-sided Pitch and Dugouts
Complete your collection by pre-ordering the Necromantic Horror Pitch!
The package includes two redesigned dugouts for the new edition of the game. They match the creepy dusk to dawn aesthetics of the pitch – each dugout featuring Score, Turn, and Re-roll trackers, plus Reserves, Knocked-out, and Casualty boxes. You’ll also find rules to represent the particular features of both sides of the pitch.
Blood Bowl Spike! Journal Issue 11
Accompanying the release of the new team, Blood Bowl Spike! Journal Issue 11 also goes up for pre-order today.
The 36 pages of this dusty tome are stuffed with all manner of dark humour, rules to raise your team (from the grave), and advice to guide them to victory. As the first Spike! Journal to be published after the new edition of Blood Bowl, the content has been adjusted ever so slightly, but it will feel quite familiar to long-time sports fans. It includes:
– Things That Go Bump in the Night: covers where Necromantic Horror teams arise from, as well as an overview of each position – Zombie Linemen, Ghoul Runners, Wraiths, Werewolves, and Flesh Golems.
– Famous Necromantic Horror teams, including the Wolfenburg Crypt-stealers, Bruendar Grimjacks, and Pumpkin Patch Petrifiers, plus full profiles for the Star Players that can be hired.
– Star Player Spotlight: Frank ’n’ Stein – the Flesh Golem that combined the brains and brawn of two decent players to become something greater than the sum of his parts.
– Dirt From the Dugout: Mindy Piewhistle returns with the graveyard dirt on rumours of a Star Player’s potential retirement – could he have a life after the gridiron?
– Star Player Spotlight: Wilhelm ‘the Wolfman’ Chaney – growing up as an outcast from Human society has made Wilhelm a somewhat eccentric personality, but his savagery in the field more than make up for it.
– Sylvanian Night-time Leagues: Custom rules for running a league season as the Spooky Skull Cup, as well as special rules to represent games played in Sylvania.
– Chat with the Rat: Hackspit sits down with the coach of the Bruendar Grimjacks about scouting and recruiting new players for Necromantic Horror teams.
– Trick or Treat: the pro playbook for new Necromantic Horror coaches, including advice on raising a solid roster, developing their skills, and running effective plays.
– Star Player Spotlight: Bryce ‘the Slice’ Cambuel – after a premature and self-inflicted end to his career as a living player, this chainsaw-wielding Blocker was revived to give it another go in the afterlife.
– Eerie Inducements: hire some of the unsavoury characters that abound in these dark and dismal lands.
– A new episode of Mighty Blow!
Leave a Reply