This week’s pre orders – The Battle of Pelennor Fields and more Kill Team
This week the long awaited new edition of The Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game is up for pre order, spearheaded by the amazing Battle of Pelennor Fields boxed game! Fans of the 41st millennium are also in luck as more Kill Team expansions are also on the way!
As the sun begins to rise upon the fields of Pelennor, the great siege of Minas Tirith is all but lost… Yet hope has not faded and help is close at hand. Through the crisp morning air, the sound of horns can be heard ringing out, signalling the arrival of King Théoden and the Riders of Rohan. With the hosts of Mordor arrayed in their thousands, Théoden gives an impassioned speech and leads his men into the fray, riding for ruin and the world’s ending!
Prepare to enter the amazing world of Middle-earth, and recreate the greatest battles and adventures from The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™. In this box set, you’ll find all the miniatures (no less than 84!) and rules you and an opponent will need to defend the city of Minas Tirith – or take command of the forces of Evil and wage destruction and war upon the kingdom of Gondor. Included:
– Théoden, King of Rohan on Foot and Horseback: this character is supplied as 2 models, 1 on foot and 1 mounted and charging. Both models feature options for a helmeted or unhelmeted head, and both are clad in heavy armour, and armed with his sword, Herugrim. On foot, Théoden holds a shield; mounted, that shield is stowed;
– 12 Warriors of Rohan: foot-soldiers who make up the rank and file of the armies of Rohan. 4 models are armed with bows, 4 with hand weapons and shields, and 4 with spears and shields;
– 12 Riders of Rohan: horse-masters beyond compare, renowned for their great skill and bravery. 4 are armed with spear and shield, 4 with bows, 2 with swords and shields, and 2 with axes and shields;
– 20 Warriors of the Dead: restless spectral images of their former selves. 14 are armed with hand weapons, and 6 with spears.
– The Witch-King of Angmar on Fell Beast: the greatest of the Nazgûl, and Sauron’s most deadly lieutenant, the Witch-King of Angmar carries a sword, wears the Crown of Morgul and attacks with the Fell Beast’s teeth and claws;
– A Mordor Troll: spearheading attacks and breaking down fortress walls, this enormous creature wears heavy armour and is armed with a hand-and-a-half hammer;
– 36 Morannon Orcs: hailing from the Black Gate these are a stronger breed of Orc than those who man Sauron’s other bastions. They wear brutal-looking, thick armour – 18 carry hand weapons and shields, and 18 carry spears and shields.
This box contains the complete, unabridged 208-page hardback Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Rules Manual, packed with essential rules, guides and information covering Open, Narrative and Matched Play with your Middle-earth miniatures. Everything from the basic fundamentals of movement and combat through to fielding siege engines and casting magical powers is here, in an easy to follow format with annotated diagrams and photographs demonstrating the flow of battle. It even features beautifully-painted example armies, providing inspiration for your own collections.
As well as this, there’s a 16-page booklet – this contains the scenarios and profiles you’ll use in conjunction with the Rules Manual to recreate the Battle of Pelennor Fields with the miniatures in this box. 4 Scenarios are included to play through – Charge of the Rohirrim, Théoden’s Last Stand, The March of the Dead and The Battle of Pelennor Fields – each of these in turn adds more and more miniatures from the box, increasing the scale of the battles as you play.
A selection of gaming accessories are included, necessary for play:
– 12 6-sided dice;
– A 12″ Rohan range ruler;
– A 12″ Mordor range ruler;
– A double-sided sheet of punch-out tokens, used in game to denote effects and statuses of models.
The Armies of The Lord of The Rings™ is an expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game that enables you to recreate your favourite scenes from The Lord of the Rings™ Motion Picture Trilogy with your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. It includes all the information you need to take control of all the Heroes and armies on the tabletop – included in the 244-page hardback:
– 16 army lists for the forces of Good, including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: The Fellowship, The Shire, The Rangers, Númenor, Minas Tirith, The Fiefdoms, The Dead of Dunharrow, Arnor, Rohan, Wildmen of Druaden, Rivendell, Lothlórien, Fangorn, The Misty Mountains, The Kingdom of Khazad-dûm, and Wanderers in the Wild;
– 11 army lists for the forces of Evil , including a brief background, points values, characteristics, special rules and Heroic Tiers for the following: Barad-dûr, Angmar, Mordor, Moria, Isengard, The Easterlings, Variags of Khand, The Serpent Horde, Far Harad, Corsairs of Umbar, and Sharkey’s Rogues;
– 11 Narrative Play Scenarios based on pivotal battles: The Last Alliance, The Fall of Khazad-dûm, The Fall of Arnor, Ambush at Amon Hen, Ambush at Ithilien, The Deeping Wall is Breached, Last March of the Ents, Paths of the Druadan, The Black Ships, The Battle of Pelennor Fields, and The Battle of Bywater;
– A full Allies Matrix, showing which factions can work together;
– Army Bonuses for every faction;
– 269 profiles, providing rules for your favourite Heroes, Villains, Monsters and Warriors.
The Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game is the tabletop game for 2 or more players that allows you to play through the events from The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ with your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. Take control of your favourite heroes, villains and armies, recreate scenes from the movies and books, and gather your forces together to do battle with your opponent in a test of wits and prowess. This 208-page hardback rules manual is a comprehensive guide to the hobby of building, painting and playing games with your Middle-earth models, whether you choose the forces of Good or Evil.
Designed for use with the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game, this is a set of 7 measuring rulers – supplied on silver metallic plastic – in a variety of shapes which tie in thematically to Middle-earth itself. Use them to measure space between models for combat, casting magic and moving your models. Each is tied to a specific theme – Sting measures 4”, which is the distance Hobbits can be moved in-game, and Gandalf’s staff is a mighty 12”: the range of most spells. Included:
– A Morgul-blade, measuring 3”;
– Sting, measuring 4”;
– Gimli’s Axe, measuring 5”;
– Glamdring, measuring 6”
– Anduril, measuring 8”;
– A Witch-king of Angmar’s Sword, measuring 10”;
– Gandalf the White’s Staff, measuring 12”;
– A double-sided Priority marker, featuring the white tree of Gondor on one side and the Eye of Sauron on the other.
Deadly, menacing and bizarre, forest deathworlds are attritional battle zones. When a soldier fights on one, they have to withstand not only the vicious artillery of the foe, but the horrifying cluster-vines, crystal shards and strange relics add an extra layer of unimaginable danger. Shardwrack spines form impenetrable barriers over the millennia, barbed venomgorse and grapple weed snake insidiously toward any living being, pumping them full of debilitating neurotoxin and eldritch ruins resonate with the psychic energies of their long-passed creators. Where there grows a deathworld forest, nothing is safe.
The Death World Forest Killzone Environment is an expansion for Kill Team – in the packed box, you’ll find a gameboard, scenery, and exclusive rules that use the unique nature of Death World Forest terrain to introduce dangerous new missions and powerful effects to your games. Included:
– A double-sided Kill Team gameboard measuring 22” x 30”, printed on heavy, durable card stock. 1 side depicts a Death World Forest, and the other an overgrown Imperial Sector, an area of war-torn city;
– 12 Death World Forest Tactics cards – these can be used by any Kill Team faction, with 8 cards providing interactions with the Death World Forest scenery and 5 being used specifically by Scout, Combat or Veteran Specialists;
– A Death World Forest Environment card, which provides 6 different rules allowing interaction – positive and negative – with the scenery;
– 4 Death World Forest Mission cards – designed to be used in conjunction with the gameboard and scenery, this is a set of 2 Matched Play missions and 2 Narrative Play missions, which are split between attacker and defender;
– 3 sets of Death World Forest scenery – 6 Eldritch Ruins, 9 sets of Barbed Venomgorse, 6 Shardwrack Spines and 6 pieces of Grapple Weed in total.
Deathwatch kill teams are made up of veteran battle-brothers drawn from the ranks of numerous Space Marine Chapters. Each brings his own strengths and specialist skills, forging a whole greater than the sum of the kill team’s parts. Kill Team Mordelai is a perfect example of this approach.
An expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, this box includes 5 plastic miniatures, a scenery set (with exclusive rules!), and brand-new Tactics and Mission cards
The Wyches of the Drukhari – also known as Dark Eldar – are vicious and cunning, their fighting style based on a foundation of raw speed. Their Wych Kill Teams can dodge an enemy’s blade as easily as if it were moving through treacle, artfully lopping off limbs and heads as they dance through the melee.
An expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, this box includes 10 plastic miniatures, a scenery set (with exclusive rules!), and brand-new Tactics and Mission cards